How it works
If your child already wears glasses, you can protect them from getting injured when they play sports by getting a free pair of prescription sports goggles. Regular eyeglasses and contacts will not protect a child’s eyes from injury and may even increase the damage caused should an impact occur.
Getting the goggles is simple:
- Complete an application.
- If you qualify, you’ll receive an approval mail.
- Choose a participating office, then contact them for an appointment.
- Take your child and their prescription to the appointment, and the office will order your goggles.
- Your goggles will be delivered within 6 weeks to your home address.
Guidelines to qualify
- Children must be school-aged which usually means ages 4 through 18. The smallest eye/frame size we carry is 48/17.
- Children must currently have a refractive error or more serious eye condition and wear or should be wearing glasses or contact lenses.
- You must reside in the state of Ohio.
- The child’s family’s total gross household income must be at or below 300% of poverty (in 2018 for a family of four this would be $75,300).
- A foster child automatically qualifies.
- A child with a family gross income that is too high may still qualify if the child has a debilitating eye disease or injury and is being followed by an Ophthalmologist.
Super easy to apply
Fill out our online form to start the process.
Pre- and post-prescription questionnaires
We need your feedback to help eliminate eye injuries in Ohio.
Our goggles are designed for use by players of all sports, including racket sports, lacrosse, field hockey, basketball, baseball, and soccer.
Simply complete our Parent Application Form. If you qualify, your application will be accepted upon completion and you will automatically be sent an acceptance email. Email addresses are mandatory. If you do not have one, use the email of a responsible family member or friend.
Take your child and a copy of your child’s prescription to a participating ophthalmologist’s or optometrist’s office near you. These offices will complete an online order form for the sports goggles with your child’s specific prescription for you. All completed orders will then be mailed to your home address within 6 weeks. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit one of our participating ophthalmologists or optometrists. Click here to download a list of providers by county.